Featured Article: Professor Ujin Yumeno

<<

ujinyumeno

Professor
Professor

Post Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:28 pm

Featured Article: Professor Ujin Yumeno

Hello Everyone!

This Article will be the first in a series of Personality Features, which will include all our Gym Leaders, professor and Champions. We will be sharing with you our stories and our thoughts on the Pokemon Universe, as well as advice or tips, if we have any. So lets just start with myself, while the others prepare their articles. (May have some reused elements)

Name: Ujin Yumeno
Nationality: Singaporean
Home Town: Marine Parade

Company: Active Boeki

Credential: Judge (Worlds 2010) Head Judge (SG Nationals 2010) Guild Leader (Neopets, Guild Wars, World of Warcraft, Lord of Evil)

Email: ujinyumeno@teamrobo.com
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/ujinyumeno

MY STORY

First of all, lots of people will ask if Ujin Yumeno is my Real Name. I will honestly tell you its not, but its my Screen Name in many of my works as well as my character's name in the many MMORPGs that I play through out the last decade. I am so used to people calling me Ujin that I would have forgotten my Real Name if not for the stupid Army Call Ups.

I am first and foremost, a Gamer. I played Video Games since I was 6, and I believe I will die playing Video Games. One of my Favorite Game will alway be Pokemon Red, and Pokemon Emerald where I caught Rayquaza! I am also a TCG player, starting from Magic the Gather 2nd Edition, I have touched on Yu-Gi-Oh, WWE Raw Deal, and now with Pokemon TCG.

I am generally working as a Graphic Designer in the Video Game Industry. My hours are irregular, meaning I can work for as little as 4 hours a day or 18 hours a day. I also travel around the world regularly for meetings and assignments. I would think that most of you must have seen my work before, by didn't know it was my creation.

I am currently running TrickRoom Events, as well as running Sands Pokemon Gym at Pasir Ris every Sunday while waiting for Jake to take over right after he is done with his A-Levels Examination. Feel free to look for me during these events if you need any help from me regarding Pokemon, Video games, Graphic Design, but seriously, never ask me about relationships, because I will not stop talking about it once I begin!

MY POKEMON

I first got into Pokemon TCG through the influence of my nephew towards the end of 2009, and being a former MTG, YGO, RD Player, I was immediately hooked onto the game. I started looking for other players to play the game as my nephew isnt exactly the most seriously player in SG, but was met with disappointment as most places have people playing MTG or YGO only, while Pokemon is almost non-existent. I started posting threads in forums look for Pokemon Players, and that's when I first got in touch with Clifton. After getting my A*** whipped by Clifton, we begin to chat about Pokemon TCG and I understood that Pokemon TCG player base exist, but are all scattered as there is no Official Support for Pokemon TCG in Singapore since years ago.

In March 2010, After learning that a new Pokemon TCG distributor for will be holding a Event, I wrote in to that company get more details, and was invited to become a judge in the event as they do not have anyone in the company that knows about the game. I immediately accepted the offer as I have just quit World of Warcraft, and suddenly find myself with plently of free time.

At the first Tournament I ever attended in Bishan in march, 2010, I was amazed that there are alot of players with passion for the game, and we all had alot of fun there. So I thought to myself, the fun should not end here. So I approached the Distributor to see if there is something we can do, and there and then they appointed me as a league Organizer so that I can organized a Pokemon League here in Singapore.

So after all the work the players and I went through, we managed to build the Pokemon Community into what it is today. I know that we still have a long way to go before we can claim that our community is the good enough, but at least I feel that we are getting there. Little by little, we are turning Singapore into a Pokemon Nation.

MY ADVICE TO FELLOW PLAYERS

Pokemon TCG is not a game you can play alone. Don't be afraid to approach other players for a game, ask for advice and get their contacts for future meet ups. I understand the fear of some players thinking, 'my deck is not good enough, and what if they laugh at me for using a lousy deck or not know how to play properly?'. And ended up only playing with themselves, or their close friends.

I believe that the way to have fun playing Pokemon TCG, is to try winning games. In order to win, the first step we all must take, is to first realize that we are weak and ignorant in the beginning as we may not have the best cards, the best deck building knowledge or playing skills. So to overcome that weakness, we must first know exactly what are the difference between an expert player and a beginner, and then take steps to work towards becoming one of the best players. Playing against the best players in the current format will help you achieve that in the best way possible.

Even if you were to lost a game, take that chance to review the game and learn from it. Ask yourself why did you lose? Did you make any misplays? Is it because of your deck is unable to get the energy you need? or is it simply because your opponent's deck totally counter yours? When you know what went wrong, you must take note of it and improve yourself in that aspect. By constantly strengthening your deck, gaining experiences from game play strategies, and understand your opponent's deck, I promise you that you will become a stronger player in no time at all.

SO the bottom line is, Don't be afraid to lose! Don't be afraid of others! Don't be afraid of yourself! And most of all, don't be afraid to have FUN!

If you have any questions about me, please go ahead and reply to this thread. I will do my best.
<<

Roarkiller

Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Post Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:54 pm

Re: Featured Article: Professor Ujin Yumeno

ujinyumeno wrote:If you have any questions about me, please go ahead and reply to this thread. I will do my best.

Yeah, what's your real name? :P
Image ImageOMImageNOMImageNOMImageNOMImage
<<

Bl8de

Post Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:00 am

Re: Featured Article: Professor Ujin Yumeno

Bishan Tourney ftw.
Probably The First Japanese In The League
<<

ujinyumeno

Professor
Professor