Featured Article: The Etiquettes of Buying and Selling Cards

<<

lucario33

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Friend Code: ****-****-****

Heart Gold/Soul Silver Friend Code: ****-****-****

Pokémon BW Friend Code: 3482-1976-8134

Post Wed May 04, 2011 2:45 pm

Re: Featured Article: The Etiquettes of Buying and Selling C

I second that! Such people who have the cheek to back out on the deal last-minute unless discounts are given are definitely blacklist-worthy.

I can never fully reiterate in words the dissatisfaction and disdain I felt for the buyer when he gave me lame excuses and asked me to cut down the price. Before he asked for any discounts at all, the deal was settled for $22.50, which he bargained to $21. I was reluctant to do so but agreed anyway. When he saw the cards, he went on to press me for a further $1 discount and I just decided to give in to avoid an awkward situation. Also, I did not want to put in more effort to locate another buyer. I hope such buyers won't emerge in our card trading market anymore.

In conclusion, i think a blacklist should be setted up.

Also, before buying anything, PLEASE CHECK WITH THE CONDITIONS BEFORE BUYING , before you bought and realise that the card's condition is bad, then ask the seller for another discount.
ImageImage
<<

abc

Heart Gold/Soul Silver Friend Code: 1337 1337 1337

Pokémon BW Friend Code: 1120 0252 7821

Post Wed May 04, 2011 6:38 pm

lucario33 wrote: PLEASE CHECK WITH THE CONDITIONS BEFORE BUYING

What? o_0
Q. Can I use Rotom's "Mischievous Trick" Poke-POWER when I have no cards in my deck, to put a Prize card into my deck?

A. No, you can't. That would be far too mischievous. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)
<<

lucario33

Pokémon BW Friend Code: 3482-1976-8134

Post Fri May 06, 2011 5:59 pm

Some peoples buy things without seeing condition, when they bought it, wanting to put in album, saw the condition, want refund.
ImageImage
<<

abc

Heart Gold/Soul Silver Friend Code: 1337 1337 1337

Pokémon BW Friend Code: 1120 0252 7821

Post Fri May 06, 2011 6:22 pm

Ah okay, I misread.

Yeah, but mine's different. The guy said my cards were "badly chipped" when there were hardly any white spots. What?
Q. Can I use Rotom's "Mischievous Trick" Poke-POWER when I have no cards in my deck, to put a Prize card into my deck?

A. No, you can't. That would be far too mischievous. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)
<<

Roarkiller

Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Post Sun May 15, 2011 1:17 am

Just thought I'd read through this thing to de-stress.

In the real world market, similar ettiquettes do exist. However, people need to realize that it is, and always will be, a case of either "Buyer beware" or "The customer is always right." Also, ettiquettes aren't rules. You can complain about this and that, but at the end of the day, what happens, happens.

Most of the situations you people spell out here are pretty common in the outside market FYI, so don't be too quick to judge. Bargaining between too sellers, for example, is VERY common in real estate, and many other businesses as well.

Just like how a seller can refuse a sale, a buyer also reserves the right to pull out from a deal. The only thing the buyer loses out on is integrity, an let's face it, if he was worried about it, it wouldn't happen in the first place. Remember, the buyer also has something to lose in a sale. Also, if you won't sell to him, he can easily find another seller, which means you lose out in the end.

As for the seller, well, that's part and parcel of doing business. You come across bad customers, and if you don't like that customer, that's for you to refuse him. Just remember that if you blacklist too many people, you will also develop a reputation of being a bad seller, and that has worse repercussions than as a buyer, since the buyer has nothing to lose. And as previously mentioned, if you don't take his money, someone else will. If competition is stiff, refusals will lead you to the losing end.

That's not to say that I don't agree for there to be some form of regulations. As a seller, you must list out your own conditions and stick to it as far as possible. And as a buyer, you have to do your bit of shopping and not be a jerk as a buyer, because nobody likes that kind of attitude.

In summary, it's up to both parties to be smart in their dealings, because once a deal is over, it's over.
Image ImageOMImageNOMImageNOMImageNOMImage
<<

xZephyrL

Post Sat May 28, 2011 1:38 pm

Some people, which I really don't understand. They can forgot to bring the cards I want to buy even though we've planned a date and reminded him the day before. No harm to me, but really?
Selling and Buying
http://www.teamrobo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1586
Contact 9150 9616
Looking for people to playtest in the west. :)
<<

ShayneHaider

Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:54 pm

some people confirms and doesnt reply or respond the day before or the day of the deal.. so NICE of them
<<

UknowMe

Post Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:40 pm

face it lah! to me, nothing is confirmed until the money gets handed over.
Pee
Previous

Return to Card Trading Centre