FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Featured Article: The Etiquettes of Buying and Selling Cards

<<

Deusanautica

Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:11 am

Re: Featured Article: The Etiquettes of Buying and Selling C

UknowMe wrote:IMO, undercutting is not totally negative.
It can help to lower prices when prices are booming uncontrollably.

Undercutting brings out healthy competition between sellers, however too much isn't good either.
Fortunately undercutting doesn't happen all the time, and cannot be prevented.

However, i get the main point of what u are trying to convey.
That all buyers and sellers should not back out on sales/purchase that they have agreed on.

Deusanautica wrote: A certain person tried doing this to me in my gym, in my face, and he knows who he is.

opps? was it me? lol

I don't know who you are actually, but this culprit I speak of is someone I haven't seen in 2 months

Shaymin is too cute...
<<

UknowMe

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Friend Code: ****-****-****

Heart Gold/Soul Silver Friend Code: ****-****-****

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:43 pm

jz kidding, it wasn't me for sure lolz
Pee
<<

abc

Heart Gold/Soul Silver Friend Code: 1337 1337 1337

Pokémon BW Friend Code: 1120 0252 7821

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:04 pm

@Manfred: yes, we share the same pain T_T oh well, when a seller refuses to budge, it'll be frustrating.. I mean, hey, i'm going out of my way to meet you and even pay you cash for your cards, and you're not willing to even travel a few mrt stops?! Hope such.. Detestable incidents will not happen to anyone here.

I could go on and on ranting about all the bad experiences i've had, but i'll just share one unforgettable one in particular: this guy agrees to buy my 2 TS-1 Evoluter for $2 each, and I go all the way to jcube from freaking pasir ris to meet him, only to hear him say "hey, you're selling 2 each right, i'll pass because someone's selling me 1 each". Screw that. What an irresponsible buyer.
Q. Can I use Rotom's "Mischievous Trick" Poke-POWER when I have no cards in my deck, to put a Prize card into my deck?

A. No, you can't. That would be far too mischievous. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)
<<

Deusanautica

Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:33 pm

Just read abc's experience with the 1 dollar cheapskate, and I'll say right here, right now, perhaps most of them have some kind of mentality, sitting and waiting for the cheapest deals, but has no one, not even parents, ever taught them the value of honouring their commitments? It's ridiculous, the way they could back out without a single word, no explanation, no apology.

Shaymin is too cute...
<<

abc

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:49 pm

Well Wallace, I would like to state a contradiction here noticed by few people. Parents do educate their children, and I'm sure many parents here teach their children to be thrifty and not waste money unneccessarily. Going by this piece of advice, many people, card buyers included, would inevitably go for the cheapest prices available.

However, does this not contradict with another commonly-taught virtue that people should fulfill their promises to the best to their abilities? This matters so much more in the card-trading market, especially when at least two parties are involved. Backing out on a trade is already ridiculous enough, and it just gets worse when the person doesn't apologise. I guess people should strike a balance between personal wants and social etiquette, in order to make the card-trading market a much better place to deal in.
Q. Can I use Rotom's "Mischievous Trick" Poke-POWER when I have no cards in my deck, to put a Prize card into my deck?

A. No, you can't. That would be far too mischievous. (HS:Undaunted FAQ; Sep 9, 2010 PUI Rules Team)
<<

lucario33

Pokémon BW Friend Code: 3482-1976-8134

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:01 pm

Lol, i'm totally different. I only have freedom in sunday, and not freedom, only can be at sands. Other than that, i can't go anywhere, even when its just pasir ris MRT at my house's walking distance. But sometimes i really have no choice, cause i can't confirm with deals.

The worst thing i experienced in trading is, selling a sunflora for 2 dollars. Someone in ghastrix saw me pulling. That time i was new, just very very new, so when i hear him saying 2 dollars, my eyes went sparkling.]

Theres also this once, i traded with a GL, my skarmory UD and my RH ninetales HG/SS for his mismagius UD and Exeggcutor HG/SS. My eyes went sparkling that time too..
ImageImage
<<

abc

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:11 pm

What kind of tyranny is that? A gym leader scamming a new player?!

Don't sell any more sunfloras to the Gym Leader anymore. At least you could sell it to me, I'd offer $2.10 =)

<<

lucario33

Pokémon BW Friend Code: 3482-1976-8134

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:49 pm

Its not the gym leader who scammed sunflora, its a ghastrix member lol.
Actually cannot say them scam, cause that time i also new la. Should've checked the price lol!
Although i'm still feeling sad about the skarmory and ninetales trade with a GL.
ImageImage
<<

Deusanautica

Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:33 pm

It's one thing to be thrifty, it's another thing to be a word breaking bargain hunter. If it was purely about being thrifty, kids would search through all forums and find the cheapest seller, and commit to that seller, rather than find a seller that sells relatively cheap, commit to him, then go on searching for THE cheapest, then flipping the lid, turning on the first seller to buy from the second. If the first price wasn't low enough for the buyer, why commit to him in the first place? why go on finding someone else who might sell cheaper when you've already committed? I actually turned away a potential customer before, even though I was selling some of my cards cheaper than the seller he had committed himself to. It wouldn't have been fair to the other seller, I still stick to these guns, because I know very well that turning the guy away so that he can fulfill his commitment to the other seller is, was, and always will be, the right thing to do.

One of the things that amuses me, and baffles me, is the fact that someone previously asked me how much I sold leafeon UD for, I told him 3 dollars, he asked me to bring a copy with me to cities to sell to him. On the day, he asked me again, I told him 3 dollars again, so he said, never mind, he found someone selling for 2 dollars. I'd love to know, for the life of me, why he'd continue going round asking people how much they sell leafeon UD for, even though he already found a 2 dollar seller. It's as if 2 dollars for a card that is rated rare holo in Japan is too expensive for him, what a joke, how much would he want leafeon for? 50 cents? 20 cents maybe?

Shaymin is too cute...
<<

Bl8de

Post Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:21 am

Follow the Ebay system and have a rating system. And try to prevent double-accounts on the forum so that any infamous blacklisted people wont try to bend the system.
Probably The First Japanese In The League
PreviousNext

Return to Card Trading Centre