Professor

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Friend Code: ****-****-****

Heart Gold/Soul Silver Friend Code: 4082-8033-3764

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:26 pm

TEAM ROBO CUP AND DONATION DRIVE

GENERAL INFORMATION
Event Name: Pokémon TEAM ROBO CUP
Address: 220 Upper Thomson Road
Event Date: July 21st, 2012 ( Saturday )

Admission Time: 11:00 - 13:30
Starting Time: 14:00
Organizer Name: Ng Soon Aik
Event Ministry of Finance: HUANG PEI
Organizer Email: soon@teamrobo.com
Tournament Details at pokemon.com:
https://www.pokemon.com/us/account/play ... 07-000144/
Tournament ID: 10-07-000144

The following VIPs will be invited to participate/Watch/Speculate in this event:
REUBEN F.
CLIFTON G.
XAVIER C.
JIT MIN L.
NELSON C.
DARIO A.
BOBBY C.
(Can I invite myself?)

These are the following Personnel that will be flying to HAWAII this year to Participating in WORLDS CHAMPIONSHIP.

Entry Fee: S$15

All proceeds of the event will be split evenly to the worlds participants meeting all the criteria:
1. Full Time Student and not holding a Full Time Job
2. Not a WORLDS travel award winner but a WORLDS invite winner (thru 2nd place or CP)
3. Had booked Air Tickets to Hawaii

Namelist of beneficiary:
CLIFTON G.
Full Time Undergrad at NTU, Year 1, from August 6th 2012.

XAVIER C.
Full Time Undergrad at SIM University, Bachelor of Communications; Year 1.

NELSON C.
Full Time Undergrad at Carnegie Mellon University, USA. Expected Graduation 2015

JIT MIN L.
Full Time Undergrad at SIM UOL, BSC, Year 2.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOURNAMENT PRIZES FOR WINNERS
1st Prize :
2 x Pokémon TCG Next Destinies 2 Boosters Blisters Featuring entire Foil EP Gigalith line & BW KlingKlang Line (Bought from USA)
1 x Pokémon Play! Playmat
1 x DeckBox
Plushie not included

2nd Prize:
2 x Pokémon TCG Dark Explorers Checklane Boosters Blisters Featuring Promo Meowth and Promo Riolu (Bought from USA)
1 x DeckBox
Plushie not included

3rd Prize:
1 x Pokémon TCG Dark Explorers 2 Boosters Blisters Featuring entire Foil Luxray line (Bought from USA)
1 x DeckBox
Plushie not included

4th Prize:
2 x Pokémon TCG Dark Explorers Boosters
1 x DeckBox

5th to 8th Prize:
1 x Dark Explorers Boosters
1 x DeckBox

9th Prize to 16th Prize:
1 x Dark Explorers Boosters
1 x Pokémon Play! Binder
1 x DeckBox

Participating Prizes:
-All registered Participants will receive 4 x WATER ENERGY PROMO plus a pack of TEAM ROBO League BOOSTER 10 card Pack Containing 5 common league promo cards, 3 uncommon cards, 1 rare card and 1 pre-release promo.

>>>>Lets see if someone can compile the list of cards in this TEAM ROBO LEAGUE BOOSTERS PACK.

Special:
At the end of the tournament, there will be a voting for the MOST CREATIVE deck in the game.
Top 5 players with the most creative decks will receive 1 full set of league promo cards + 1 pack of TEAM ROBO League BOOSTER Pack, Players must include a name for their deck on their decklist!!

NOTE:
YOU MUST SUBMIT a valid deck list before you can redeem your participating prizes.

IMPORTANT NOTICE ON PRIZES:
The above prizes will only be given out if there is 48 participants or more.
If an even if there are less than 48 participants, there will be NO additional prizes for 9th to 16th players; players ranking 5th to 8th will get BINDER instead of playmat.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE
The Team Robo CUP will follow the Pokémon Company International's Professor Cup will be run using Swiss Pairings. The number of Swiss rounds is dependent upon total attendance; higher attendance increases the number of rounds. Swiss rounds will feature one-game matches and a 20-minute-per-match time limit.

The Swiss rounds of the tournament will be run as Modified (Call of Legends-on) Constructed.

After the final round of Swiss, there will be a Single Elimination finals with a maximum top cut of 16 players. Single-elimination rounds will be a best-of-three game format and will have a 45-minute time limit per match.

There will be an estimated top cut of 4 participants.

Rules for Deck Construction
Only cards from the Call of Legends expansions on may be used. Black Star Promo Cards numbered BW01 and higher will be allowed. It will be a full 60 card deck.
No Basic Pokémon are allowed.

Additional rule: "Big Boy Pants!"

Stage 1 Pokémon are treated as Basic Pokémon in all ways other than the deck construction limitation listed above.
For example:
You must have a Stage 1 Pokémon face down in front of you to start your game.
You may use Dual Ball to search for Stage 1 Pokémon.
You may not use Professor Elm's Training Method in order to search for a Stage 1 Pokémon.
Any damage done by attacks to a Stage 1 Pokémon with Eviolite attached is reduced by 20. (after applying Weakness and Resistance)

What cards are banned:
-ALL BASIC POKéMON

Some Notes:
-Restored Pokémon mare to be search out via Twist Mountain, or respective fossil Trainer Card.
-Archeops and Carracosta are stage 1, thus the big boy pants rules treats them as BASIC Pokémon.
-Archen and Tirtouga can evolve to Archeops and Carracosta respectively. This count as evolution.
-Pokémon Poképower/Ability/Pokébody work as the text says, so long the requirements are met.
-Putting Down stage 1 as a basic for this game is NOT counted as evolution.

[ Swiss Round Time Limit: 20 mins per Round plus 3 Turns ]

We have imposed a time limit per round in order to run the event smoothly. If a match has not ended by the expiration of the round time limit, a winner must be determined without delaying the tournament for an unreasonable time.

If time is called during a player’s turn, he or she completes the current turn, we will then add 3 more turns. This is three turns combined not three turns for each player. This will mean that the player who is not active when time is called will get the last turn.

Use the following criteria, in order, to determine the outcome of a game that is unfinished after the three turns. After one of the criteria has been met, none of the others are applied.

(1) If one player was late to the match or was away from the match, without a judge’s permission, for any period of time during the round, that player loses the match. The judge must have been made aware of this absence in advance of the end of the match. If both players meet this criterion, ignore this tiebreaker.

(2) If both players were on time to the match and were not away from the match for any period of time, the judge determines the winner based on the number of Prize cards that each player has remaining. The player with the fewest Prize cards remaining wins the match.

(3) If both players have the same number of Prize cards remaining, the current game continues, starting with any in‐between turn effects that take place after the last completed turn, if necessary, until a Prize card is drawn. The player drawing the next Prize card is considered the winner of the match and the match ends.

REGISTRATION INFORMATION

o Player may register on the event day from 12:00 to 14:00
o This Tournament is opened to any player who good standing records (not ban from any previous tournament due to misbehaviour)
o Players 10 years old or below must have their parent's consent before signing up.
o Registered Players are expected to report to the venue 10 mins before the Tournament begins at 15:00

STANDARD RULES & REGULATIONS APPLY.

DONATION DRIVE
Event Ministry of Finance: HUANG PEI
After the event, we will have our annual Donation Drive for the WORLDS PARTICIPANTS.
All members are free to welcome to bring any official/related pokémon merchandise for sale.
You MAY denote the item or donation amount to any of the four beneficiaries. If you didn't, it will default goes to all 4 members.

You may directly donate cash to us for the 4 of them, or u may directly donate to any of the four personnel without going through us privately. Please note that the event Ministry of Finance will not be responsible for any private donations.

I personally will be pledging additional 1 box of DRAGON BLADE JAPANESE BOOSTERS for auction.
For Black and White purpose, the event organizer (me) is a donator as well, but I am not responsible for donations.

If you have any items for donation to auction, please post reply here.
<<

BlazingDragon

Post Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:27 pm

Re: TEAM ROBO CUP AND DONATION DRIVE

So must register by 14:00hrs?
THIS HAND OF MINE BURNS WITH AN AWESOME POWER!
IT'S LOUD ROAR TELLS ME TO DEFEAT YOU!!!
<<

soon

Professor
Professor

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Friend Code: ****-****-****

Heart Gold/Soul Silver Friend Code: 4082-8033-3764

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:49 am

BlazingDragon wrote:So must register by 14:00hrs?

In consideration of the number of swiss + topcut and Auction event, I am pushing forward the registration timing to latest by 1pm.
Should you unable to make it, please pass ur decklist of someone to submit on behalf of you.

Thanks for pointing this issue out.
<<

BlazingDragon

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:40 pm

Would have preferred the start time of the tournament to be at 14:00hrs, as I need time to travel from my workplace in Eunos.
<<

BlazingDragon

Post Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:19 pm

IMPORTANT NOTICE ON PRIZES:
The above prizes will only be given out if there is 48 participants or more.
If an even if there are less than 48 participants, there will be NO additional prizes for 9th to 16th players; players ranking 5th to 8th will get BINDER instead of playmat.

Only just noticed this clause. I hope we have at least 48 players.

Return to Sanctioned Events