[RMT] I need help with my Doubles Team

<<

Ervin88

Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Friend Code: ****-****-****

Heart Gold/Soul Silver Friend Code: ****-****-****

Post Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:44 pm

[RMT] I need help with my Doubles Team

Hello everyone,

I have made up a team recently and I'm testing it out, please help me by giving me suggestions and I will retest. Here's the team.

Cresselia @ Sitrus Berry
Nature: Calm
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 28 SAtk / 228 SDef (0 Spd IVs)
~ Psyshock
~ Ice Beam
~ Skill Swap
~ Swagger

The always bulky Pokemon returns... with a different moveset. This Cresselia is based on the famous Champion Ray Rizzo's Cresselia. Ice Beam is definitely for Garchomps, which is very common in tournaments. Special Attack EVs is obviously for Hitmontops which is very common in tournaments.

Heatran @ Fire Gem
Nature: Modest
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SAtk / 228 Spd
~ Heat Wave
~ Protect
~ Hidden Power [Ice]
~ Earth Power

It is a very difficult decision between Eruption and Heat Wave. I've always thought that Eruption is very strong, but Heat Wave is needed to have more power. Hidden Power Ice is used to hit Dragon types which resists the Fire type. Earth Power is used for hitting Rock Types.

Scizor @ Occa Berry
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Technician
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Spd
~ Bullet Punch
~ Bug Bite
~ Protect
~ Tailwind

My standard Tailwind set-up Pokemon, speed investment was for much consideration at first, and in the end, it is the best when I playtested it for a while. It definitely is defence mixed with offence. With Technician boost, Scizor with Bug Bite is a guaranteed 2HKO on Cresselia.

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Nature: Brave
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
~ Fake Out
~ Drain Punch
~ Ice Punch
~ Detect

This is standard Intimidate support. I dumped in extra defense EVs just for the sake of extra defense and extra is always better. Intimidate tells you that this is a physically defensive Pokemon. Like my Scizor, this is a mix of Defense and Offence.

Hydreigon @ Dragon Gem
Nature: Modest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
~ Draco Meteor
~ Dark Pulse
~ Protect
~ Flamethrower

Hydreigon is so strong, it is used by Ray Rizzo too. Draco Meteor boosted by Dragon Gem is so strong that some KOs are guaranteed, and it KOs many popular Pokemon in the VGC 2013 metagames.

Garchomp @ Haban Berry
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
~ Dragon Claw
~ Protect
~ Earthquake
~ Substitute

Garchomp is always a popular Pokemon in the metagame. It is a very offensive Pokemon which is the main sweeper in many teams. It tears through many teams, offensive or defensive. With Jolly nature, it reaches base 169 speed, which is nothing to laugh at.

Please help. Thank you very much.
<<

Ervin88

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:19 pm

Re: [RMT] I need help with my Doubles Team

My biggest problem is because I couldn't find a reliable Stealth Rocker. I was thinking about Heatran, but I needed Hidden Power Ice to hit Garchomp or Dragonites...
<<

Diaruga

Post Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:40 pm

Re: [RMT] I need help with my Doubles Team

Hi Ervin!

You don't need to have a stealth rocker in doubles, unlike singles, as the game is likely to end in 5-10 turns and switching in doubles is always dangerous.

Your team is quite good already, except for a few issues which I will point out.

1) If you're running Scrafty you should run Crunch as well. Since you want Detect and Fake out you need to replace Ice punch. Otherwise, you can also forgo Detect for Ice punch.
2) Hydreigon needs to run Timid to outspeed other Hydreigon.
3) Why are you running Swagger on Cresselia if you are not using swagger lum?
Death is the solution to all our problems and the end of our misery.

Return to Pokemon Black and White/Black 2 and White 2